This is the recipe that has brought so much joy to so many people. Ideal for parties, school fairs, charity events, and even a quick home meal, it’s simple and easy to prepare; more importantly it never fails to deliver delicious crispy pizzas. Its wafer thin base makes it an ideal finger food, perfect for serving as a cocktail snack in a party environment.
- 8 x 10-12 inch Wraps (Wraps are ideal for cooking pizzas quickly and they produce a wonderful crispy texture)
- 500g Pizza sauce, preferably home made. We normally advise make lots as per recipe on Pg 16, and freeze it, so its always available when you need it quick
- 2 x 500g Grated Cheese (1/2 Mozarella and 1/2 Cheddar)
- 1 Large Red Onion, Thinly sliced (Round)
- 4 x Large Mushrooms (Thinly Sliced)
- 100g Pitted Sliced Olives
- Mild Red Chillies, Sliced (for Decor only)
- 2 x Whole Green Chillies. Sliced to small pcs
- Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoonfuls of Chillie oil. If you don’t have any , just put a handful of chillie flakes in a olive oil and soak overnight
- Spread the pizza sauce on your Wrap – best done by spooning a large blob into the middle and then rotating the spoon outwards until the pizza is covered , leaving a small plain margin at the edges.
- Put on your cheese. The combination of mozarella and cheddar works best. Put on the toppings, first the circular onion slices, followed by mushrooms, olives and chillies. Don’t put too much on. An overloaded pizza will get soggy.
- Transfer it to the Pizza maker using the spatulas, and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Just when the cheese starts bubbling, sprinkle some salt and pepper directly onto the pizza, followed by a slight drizzle of chillie oil. Let it cook for an extra minute! This last step is very important to bring out the flavour of the pizza. Don’t skip it!
- When cooked, just transfer to any flat 12’’ base and use the pizza cutter to cut into eight slices. Enjoy!